Thursday, March 10, 2011

#79 Clean out my wardrobe -- keep, donate, trash (day 38)

A couple weeks ago I went through all of the clothing I own and threw out anything worn out, donated things that don't fit me (or I just don't like) and reorganized everything that I decided to keep.

 
all of my donated belongings at the goodwill drop-off
I also took the plunge and went through just about everything I own with the same intentions -- keep, donate, recycle, give away, or trash it.

Why, yes! It did end up being a little more overwhelming than I had planned.

But, in the time that's passed since then I have found that it was a very cleansing thing to do. I ended up donating two boxes of clothing and two boxes of "stuff" to Goodwill, getting rid of a dozen books @ McKay, and recycling a LOT of paper (thank you, old college assignment collection!).

I've also discovered that being rid of all of that stuff has really helped me keep the little room I call my own more tidy... which helpful for many reasons!

5 comments:

  1. ugh...reminds me that I need to go thru my clothes...don't want to but I should...I know I'll love the result, but I hate the process :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well what if you did it in three steps?

    One day do your closet... Another day do your drawers... and when the seasons switch over only put in your closet/drawers what you'll wear / what actually fits -- everything else is up for dismissal.

    That way you don't get overwhelmed with the whole project at once!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the joys of spring cleaning! Don't you feel purged, as though a burden has been lifted? I always feel so much more productive in warmer weather...

    Shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I do feel quite cleansed! I cleaned out everything partly because it's on my 101:1001 list, and partly so I have storage room for my new business supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray! I'm glad you feel cleansed. I love purging my closets and other cluttered spaces. Love it.

    ReplyDelete