Saturday, March 19, 2011

List Update (day 47/954)

Start Date: February 1, 2011
End Date: October 29, 2013
 
Completed:
#79 Clean out my wardrobe -- keep, donate, trash (day 38)

#90 Teach 5 people how to cook a recipe I love (5/5) 
     I still need to blog about this one... I'll give you a hint though: it connects to #98, #49, and #75!

#91 Attend a legit tea party (day 8)

#98 Hostess a Pampered Chef party
     I still need to blog about this one... I'll give you a hint though: it connects to #90, #49, and #75!

In Progress:
#42 Read through the entire Bible in one year (day 37)
 
#43 Read at least 50 classic novels from B&N’s Classics List (day 14)
 
#49 Try 25 new recipes (2/25)
     - Recipe 2: I still need to blog about this one... I'll give you a hint though: it connects to #90, #98, and #75!

#53 Watch AFI’s Top  100 movies (2/100) 
     - Field of Dreams
     - Finding Nemo

#59 Walk to the library once a month -- chat with the librarians, check out a new book (day 12)
     I've walked to the library two months in a row now (and still haven't taken a picture for you --sorry!). When I walked there this past week the librarian gave me more information about a local fundraising walk for cancer (!!)
     She also gave me the coolest pencil I've ever seen. Seriously guys, it's purple but changes color when you use it. It's like a mood ring... except it only has two colors... and changes to the temperature of your hand not your mood... and it's a pencil.
     But otherwise it's totally the same!

#63 Floss every night for three solid months (1/3) (day 12)
     I have been flossing practically every night for the past month and I have noticed a huge change in my tolerance for substandard dental hygiene.
     I can't stand that dirty teeth/mouth feeling. Like, at all. It drives me nuts. I haven't gone as far as to start brushing after every meal or anything, but I've certainly been much more persistent about my daily brushing and flossing... which was the whole point.
     One month down, two to go!
 
#64 Give up sweets for a month 
     Yeah... I started this one yesterday. If it sticks, I'll write about it sometime next week! 

#75 Develop the discipline of remembering people’s names (waiters, acquaintances, etc) 
     This is going to be quite the on-going goal. I am being purposeful about using people's names when I meet them so that I connect their name and face together... However, I have a feeling it's going to take months to train my mind to remember people's names when I meet them.
     I'd appreciate any advice you can give me!

#86 Make a “Bucket List” of places I want to see and things to experience -- no fewer than 50.
     I am only in the beginning stages of writing this list but I already have about a dozen possibilities written down so far and I'm really excited about adding more to it!

#101 Photograph and/or blog about each of these 1001 things.
     Obviously. 

Temporarily Postponed: #67 Figure out “normal sleep”
     This one has been put on hold because of a conflicting job opportunity I'm interviewing for right now. I'll give you more updates as they are available. 

Upcoming Possibility: #69 Participate in a fundraising race for a cause.
     Like I mentioned above, one of the librarians gave me some information about a fundraising walk for cancer that's going on soon. I'm going to dig more into the requirements and see if it will fit in my schedule to do this with such short notice!
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Whew! Some days when I think about what I'm doing to accomplish this list I am overwhelmed that I still have SO MUCH left to do!
 
But, today?
 
Today I'm kinda proud of myself having already started/finished fifteen goals, even though there's still a lot to do. 

Sometimes, it's the little things - the small but consistent effort - that really count.
.

1 comment: