Saturday, February 12, 2011

Goals in Progress (day 12)

Many of my goals either take time to complete or take some planning in order to be able to do. Here's a list of a few of my goals I've started or plan to begin soon.

#53 Watch AFI’s Top 100 movies  (1/100)
My first AFI Top 100 Movie is number sixteen: Field of Dreams.

My man and I watched this movie a couple nights ago at his lovely apartment. Considering the movie came out in 1989 (which you can definitely tell by the wardrobe), the graphics were great! The story centered around dreams and regrets -- and what we do with them. 

It was a lovely movie to curl up and watch as the snow fell outside, and one I would certainly recommend watching :) 


#59 Walk to the library once a month
Here in the last few days I took a walk to my local library and returned a book I had  rented  borrowed  checked-out a couple weeks before. Unfortunately, even though I brought my camera, I forgot my memory card, so I wasn't able to take a picture of this particular trip.

I look forward to the weather continuing to be sunny enough to make the trip and getting to know the people who work there.

Question: Is anyone who works at a library automatically a "librarian" or does a librarian have a specific task?


#63 Floss every night for three months

Flossing is something I want to be a part of my "normal" dental hygiene, so what I'm hoping to do with this goal is let it jump start (jumpstart? jump-start?) a good habit that will carry on.

Let's hope three months of purposeful flossing is long enough to instate flossing as part of my new normal. The count starts today and will be complete May 11th, 2011. 


#67 Figure out "normal sleep"
I just love Garfield.
Speaking of good habits I want to integrate into my new normal, having a healthy sleep schedule is something I want to discipline myself to have. This is going to be quite a challenge as I have had issues with this for quite some time.

I have laid out how I want to do this and hope that, on the other side of this six month journey I will have established a normal-to-me and healthy-for-me sleeping routine.


 
Coming up soon...

#24 -- Participate in a legit Passover meal.
I'd like to complete this goal during this year, if possible. Does anyone know where I could go to participate in a Passover meal? 


#49 Try 25 new recipes (0/25)
I have recently been given some ground venison and can't wait to find a recipe to use it in! Any suggestions?


#25 Work as a waitress somewhere for 6 months.
Currently, I am looking for work anywhere I can find it. Until recently I had ruled out waitressing because I have had a series of bad ankle injuries and I wanted to give my ankle the full time suggested for healing before I took on a job that would require me to be on my feet. Now that deadline is up, and the hunt has begun! 


#26 Memorize the book of First Peter AND/OR #42 Read through the entire Bible in one year
Both of these are important to me and I haven't decided if I want to do them simultaneously or one at a time and, if one at a time, which one to start on first. I hope to make this decision in the next month. 

When I do #42 I want to acquire a new Bible to use on the journey. I haven't decided on which translation I want to use yet. Nor have I decided what reading schedule I want to use. Do you have a suggestion?


#66 Oxycise! every day for one month
This is something I'm simultaneously kinda skeptical about pretty excited about. I mean, oxygen exercising, really?
However, all that I've read about it (I have the book and on the website) looks like it can only do good things. If anything, I'll have much better breathing habits and be more flexible by the end of the month.
I'm planning on starting this one March 1st, if not sooner.


#43 Read at least 50 classic novels from B&N's Classics List
This needs to start as soon as possible! My first step is to decide which ones off the list to read, there are almost 200 books on the list and I've only read a couple of them, so on one hand my options are really open... on the other hand, I have no idea which ones I should read! Any suggestions?


Thanks for journeying with me.

.

4 comments:

  1. We had a legit Passover (called a Seder Dinner) at our church a couple years ago...one of the missionaries we support works with Jews in Philly and seeks to tell them about how Jesus fulfills the Torah, etc. His wife is a messianic jew. They might be able to advise you on somewhere (or you could include that in your trip to visit me...hehe :)) Their website is: http://hananeel.org/ and it might give you some resources as well..I haven't poked around on there much, but it's worth a shot.
    As for books on the list I recommend:
    Arabian Nights (read portions of and heard it's great...also saw the movie, which I know doesn't count :))
    The Confessions by St. Augustine...LOVE it :)
    Edgar Allen Poe is always fascinating
    The Jungle by Upton Sinclair...not keen on the last few chapters, but the rest of the book is FASCINATING
    The Secret Garden--one of my faves :)
    Silas Marner - read it in middle school...enjoyed it pretty well :)
    The Wind in the Willows is really good
    Hope that helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Seder Dinner" -- good to know! :) I'll check out that link.

    I am so excited to get started reading! I actually picked up St. Augustine's Confessions a few weeks back and plan to start with that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if they are all called Seder Dinners...I just know that's what he called it when he did ours. It was really cool because he explained how Christ fulfilled all the various elements of the Passover meal and traditions...made me appreciate Exodus SO much more :) And OT readings in general.
    yes...this is me stalking you again....i can see your smile across the Internet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. teehee :)

    I wish text smiley faces showed up better in this font.

    ReplyDelete